Cool as a Cucumber!

With the garden in full swing we also have an abundance of cucumbers.  I have never canned pickles and I don't really want to.  I have to come up with fresh idea's for the cucumbers.  I found this recipe in one of my Greek cookbooks.  It is very easy and quite good!  I had most of the ingredients except for the walnut oil.  The oil was a little pricey but I will find another use for it!


Chilled Cucumber Soup
Ingredients
serves 4
2 med cucumbers
1 1/4 cups authentic Greek yogurt
1 1/4 cups chicken stock ( I used low fat)
2 tbsp walnut oil
1 large garlic clove crushed
3 tbsp chopped fresh dill
salt and pepper
1 cup walnut pieces/chopped




  • Peel the cucumbers and chop the flesh into small dice.  Beat the yogurt and the chicken stock, the walnut oil, garlic, and dill, reserving a little to garnish.  Stir in the chopped cucumber and season with salt and pepper.
  • Chill the soup in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours
  • Stir in the chopped walnuts an serve garnished with the reserved dill.  

Popular Posts