Shrimp and Grits

Sometimes I post pictures to Facebook of what I made for dinner that night. Last night it was Shrimp and Grits. I got several request for the recipe! I checked online and there are several variations. I put together what I had in my kitchen. I basically made up my own recipe! You can add what you want according to your taste. I would have liked to have added fresh peppers to mine but peppers do not agree with my husband anymore!


Ingredients

Grits - I used Quaker Instant Grits 1 1/2 cups to 2 cups water, 1 cup milk Follow the directions on the bag. I like to add milk because it makes it creamer
4 slice bacon
1/4 cup diced onion
1 small clove garlic
1 package of Andouille Sausage - I used Aidells Sausage
1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
Cheese - I used sharp cheddar cheese - however cheesy you want your grits!
Special Ingredient - Old Bay Seasoning

Cook the grits according to directions. Make sure you add salt also. If the grits look too dry, add more water. Add your cheese to the grits. Cook the bacon and remove from pan. Saute the onion and garlic in the bacon. Add the sausage to heat up. Add the shrimp and Old Bay Seasoning. Add as much Old Bay or as little as you want. Cook till the Shrimp is no longer pink. Crumble the bacon and add to the grits. Add the sausage and shrimp to the grits. Enjoy!

PS This dinner took very little time to throw together! 

Comments

Popular Posts