Doula

I have been exploring different career paths lately.  One thing that I am looking into is becoming a Doula.

Doula is a word that has most closely become associated with a woman who provides non-medical support during labour and birth, and also the postpartum period.

I first became interested in this practice 13 years ago.  There is a lot of information out there on the Internet.   I was able to speak with a local Doula on Friday.  She was very informative.  She suggested that I watch a documentary by Rikki Lake called "The Business of Being Born". http://www.thebusinessofbeingborn.com/  I was blown away!   I suggest anyone who is pregnant or wants to become pregnant to watch this movie!   I am going to attend one of there local meetings tonight.  I am not sure if this is my path....I won't know unless I try. 

Comments

Popular Posts